– The minister of information, culture and tourism, Lai Muhammed, has said the release of the 21 Chibok girls was not a swap for some Boko Haram insurgents
– He said the release of the girls came after an established confidence between the leadership of the sect and some negotiators
The minister of information, culture and tourism, Lai Muhammed, has denied claims that the recent release of the 21 Chibok girls was not a swap for some terrorists.
“This is not a swap, this was a release. They were flown to Kaduna from the location of their release,” Mohammed said the girls were released by 5.30 am Thursday, October 13, morning,” Mohammed said.
He also said the release of the girls is the effort of the federal government to Nigeria led by President Muhammadu Buhari to safe rescue.
He said the release of the girls came after an established confidence between the leadership of the sect and some negotiators.
The moment we heard a credible lead, the president gave the Department of State Services (DSS) and the authority to pursue their release.
As soon as an agreement were reached the parties agreed and a place of exchange was agreed upon,”Mohammed added.
The minister also said that team of medical doctors, psychologist, social workers and trauma experts havw been put in place to attend to the girls once they arrive Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.
News broke out earlier that the deadly Boko Haram terror group had released 21 of the over 200 kidnapped school girls in the earlier hours of Thursday.
Both Femi Adesina and Mr Garba Shehu had confirmed the release of the girls to Naij.com in a separate telephone chat.
According to the spokesperson to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr Garba Shehu, the 21 of the missing Chibok Girls were released and are in the custody of the Department of State Services, DSS.
Source : Naij.comNaij.com