The vice president Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday, October 13, described the release of 21 Chibok school girls by the Boko Haram insurgents as exciting news for the whole country.
Osinbajo made this known while addressing with State House reporters, after visiting with the freed girls at the medical centre of the Department of the State Security (DSS) located at the Airport Road, Abuja.
However, the vice president disclosed that one of the 21 freed girls had a baby, amongst other comments.
NAIJ.com has put together eight key things Osinbajo said after his visit to the Chibok girls.
1. I met with the 21 Chibok girls about an hour ago. They are in good health considering the circumstances they have been held in, and they are now being well taken care of in the medical facility.
2. One of the school girls has a baby but she is the only one.
3. The girls will be staying at the medical centre for some time until we are satisfied about their health condition.
4. There will be therapy, there will be counselling for the girls. Of course, we can imagine what they have gone through. So, we expect that a lot of psychological therapy and so much needs to be done to get them back.
5. Their parents will be coming to join them hopefully by tomorrow, October 14.
6. We should congratulate ourselves and thank the Almighty God for the release and subsequent returning home of 21 of the Chibok girls who were taken almost two years ago.
7. This is an exciting news for the whole country. Everyone is really excited, and I believe that we should be very thankful to God.
8. I also want to thank the military and all the security services, DSS, intelligence services across the county as well as our friends and partners, internationally who have also helped in bringing happy ending of the captivity of at least 21 of the Chibok girls.
Source : Naij.comNaij.com